Monday 19 January 2009




It's beginning to come together here, I feel that this is definitely a step closer to where I wanted to be with these early forays into pastel on coloured paper. I quite like the sagey green colour of the paper and the way that the oranges, browns and ochres work with it.
This week, our tutor had us work through a view finder. I hadn't done this since foundation course! It was really useful and helped me to construct a decent composition for the final drawing (about 50 minutes). This is what I like about this class, J. introduces techniques and approaches that have not been used for a while or, as the case maybe, never been used before. The nice thing about this is that we are less likely to just revisit our tried, tested and preferred techniques. I enjoyed the weekly challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment